It’s the season for sunscreen and suitcases, time to pack up everything bar the kitchen sink and take off for some family time. Travelling with a baby usually rules out travelling light. Your little one’s luggage can really mount up, but this doesn’t rule out travel altogether – you just need to plan ahead.
Whether you’re looking forward to lazing on the beach or bursting for a bustling city break, at this time of year we’re all looking forward to a family holiday. Baby experts WaterWipes have you covered with some travel tips for new parents.
- Embark on the Great Grandparent Tour: No one in the world wants to see your new baby and you more than the new grandparents. So planning a trip home, or to see other close relatives, can be a great way to spend a long summer weekend, while also ensuring that you’ll have plenty of people willing to lend a hand. Grandparents prove to be more than willing babysitters, meaning you may even be able to sneak out for a grown-up dinner or two.
- Keep it Simple: If you do decide to venture out to a holiday resort, try to keep it easy on yourself and your baby. Even for experienced travellers this may not be the time for an overnight international flight or “roughing it” for two weeks camping. Instead, try for somewhere reasonably close to home and search for accommodation that offer up some flexibility – for example, cooking facilities if you don’t want to eat out at a restaurant every night.
- Stay Cool in the Summer Sun: As much as we enjoy warm weather, it can be tough on everyone’s skin – but especially for a new baby. WaterWipes, the world’s only chemical-free baby wipes, can be comforting on a new baby’s skin during the warmer summer months, as they contain only two ingredients: 99.9% water and a tiny droplet of fruit extract. They also can help avoid nappy rash and won’t irritate other sensitive skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
Storing your WaterWipes in the fridge will give you a quick refreshing wipes for both you and your baby.
- Talk to Other Mums: Experienced Mums can be a great resource when contemplating a holiday with a new baby, so get the scoop from your Mum friends about what works and what doesn’t for your first family holiday. From nappy bag essentials to what to bring along in the car or on a flight, the insight from Mums who have “been there done that” can be the difference between a successful trip and one that leaves you longing for home comforts.
- Streamline Travel Gear: New babies need a lot of stuff – but you don’t need to bring everything with you! Instead, focus on the items you use daily. Cutting down the quantity of what you bring can be another way to lighten the load, as many must-have baby products, such as WaterWipes, come in travel sizes, which can easily be tossed into a travel bag.
- Home Away From Home: Whether you’re staying in a hotel or with Grandparents, this is your “home” while on holiday, so make it feel like home. Set up a baby changing area in a convenient spot with nappies and WaterWipes. If you’re using a travel cot or a hotel cot, bring your baby’s favourite toys and/or blanket so that they feel comfortable in this space.
WaterWipes are available in all leading retailers and pharmacies.
More Information about WaterWipes:
WaterWipes are the only wipes in the world that are as gentle on your baby’s skin as pure water. Scientifically formulated to be as kind to delicate skin as cotton wool and cooled boiled water, the only ingredients used are 99.9% purified water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract … and that’s it. WaterWipes are one of the very few approved by Allergy UK, and are trusted and recommended by maternity wards and Neonatal Intensive Care Units across Australia and NZ. Suitable for nappy rash and other sensitive skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis, WaterWipes won’t irritate the skin.