Babes in Arms, local distributor of Ergobaby, is excited to support the eighth annual Australia and New Zealand Babywearing Week. This year’s celebration will run parallel with International Babywearing Week from 2-8 October 2017, and parents have a chance to win one of 20 carriers! More details below…
Australia and New Zealand Babywearing Week (ANZBW) began with a mission to raise the profile of babywearing, and a reason for parents to gather together to celebrate the freedom that babywearing offers, and share the joys of being connected to both their baby and their community.
Giving back has always been central to ANZBW events. Since the first ANZBW, Babes in Arms has donated funds to family-focused charities and given away hundreds of baby carriers to both individuals and local communities.
They are doing it again in 2017! Read on to see how you could WIN!
This year they are embracing technology and social media to promote creative ways to show the delights, benefits and the FUN of babywearing, and giving away lots of Ergobaby Carriers in the process.
New and expectant parents have the chance to win one of 20 carriers, and they also have 10 Ergobaby Super Packs up for grabs for babywearing groups to grow their lending libraries!
THE TASK: We want new and expectant babywearing parents to take us on a walk with your video camera to show us the places you go (or will go once baby is born), the people you see and what you and your little one do together in your Ergo. We want you to show us how babywearing makes parenting fun and easy! We are lucky to live in an age where anyone can be a videographer, we take our cameras around all day, every day right at the end of our hand! So go for a walk and shoot!
THE PRIZE: Videos will be shortlisted by our panel of babywearing experts and then be opened up to a public vote for the top 20 winners to be decided. We have 20 (YES 20!) carriers to give away, the top 10 videos will receive a NEW Ergobaby Omni 360 Carrier and the remaining 10 videos will receive an Ergobaby Adapt Cool Air Mesh Carrier.
Follow this link for more details and to enter: Competition
ANZBW also raises awareness about the health benefits of babywearing for parents and their babies including:
- An increased bond with baby and increased confidence for new parents in being able to read and respond to their baby’s cues
- Babies feel safe and comforted by their parents’ body rhythms (heartbeat, breathing patterns, body temperature, voice and smell) which decreases their stress hormones
- Studies have shown that carrying babies reduces crying and fussiness 43% during the day and 51% at night
- Carried babies fall asleep quickly and enjoy deeper sleep cycles, vital for brain maturation
- Colic and reflux symptoms may reduce by the activation of digestive pressure points when babies are carried in an upright position
- A baby’s growth hormones are stimulated when carried, as is their cardiac output, circulation and muscular development
Babes in Arms director and mum to four, Anita Lincolne-Lomax said that the ancient wisdom of babywearing – the extended use of baby carriers and wraps – offers busy modern parents freedom and convenience, while providing their babies the most nurturing place to grow. “Using a baby carrier doesn’t just keep baby peaceful and secure, it gives parents freedom to keep fit and exercise, to meet other parents and even feed on the go. Babywearing keeps parenting fun!’
Babes in Arms specialises in award-winning baby carriers and wraps – essential tools that promote a peaceful start to life for new parents and babies. Further information is available through at Babes in Arms website, and Facebook.