In Italy, you’re allowed to throw food, as long as it’s pasta. If an Italian cook is boiling spaghetti, they will sometimes take one strand out of the pot and throw it against the wall to check if it’s ready. If the spaghetti sticks to the wall that means it’s cooked.
Individual Frittatas – Gluten-Free
Makes 2 frittatas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 60ml full cream milk
- salt and milled black pepper
- 115g (4oz) gluten-free ham, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp Italian (flat leaf) parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven grill.
- Grease 2 small ovenproof frying pans with nonstick spray.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, add the milk, pepper and salt, and whisk very well.
- Stir the ham, cheese and parsley into the egg mixture.
- Ladle this mixture into the pans and cook over medium heat until the eggs are set but still wobbly, then put the pans in the oven for a few minutes until the eggs are cooked through.