12 ways to kick the cravings
The body is complex and there is a lot to consider other than food alone in the production of energy and to curb cravings (something I go into far more detail in my 21 day foundational program, Get-up & GLOW with Kate).
Commonly these 12 ideas will help:
- Reduce or eliminate sugar (carbohydrate) including refined and processed grains.
- Stay hydrated. Drink more filtered water. Add in a pinch of good quality salt rich in minerals, e.g. Himalayan or Celtic sea salt.
- Add in a cup of bone stock each day.
- Add in more healthy fats and protein for good energy.
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine.
- Add in more nutrients especially minerals, e.g. bone stock or supercharge (e.g. with gelatin or a raw egg) a smoothie.
- Add in bitter foods, e.g. dark leafy greens and herbs either in soups, salads or smoothies, to help support liver health.
- Enjoy better sleep with earlier nights and mornings.
- Spend more time outdoors, especially in the early morning or late afternoon sunshine.
- “Speak” more kindly to yourself. Be aware of your thoughts.
- Then what are the cravings telling you? Listen to your body. Is it because you feel like you’re missing out? Does it relate back to childhood when treats were a reward for feeling down? Or is it an imbalance in the microbiome?
- Starting anything new can be hard. It’s easier to stay in our comfort zone. Think of it as an experiment and stretch past your comfort zone where the magic happens.
Try any one of the above for 2 – 4 days and the cravings will pass. Your body will start to adjust to using more fats and protein for energy rather than simple carbohydrate, often void of nutrients.
And then if you’re looking for a super quick reset, grab my free copy of A Gentle Cleanse and register for my upcoming call – give it a go! Grab it and register here.
Or join me in my next round of Get-up and Glow! Where we go into this topic in more detail and create new healthFUL habits for life. We start on the 8th of February for 21 days to inner and outer radiance. It’s our foundational detox program. You can join me through this link!
And, “never give up because great things take time”.
Originally published HERE.
After working as an executive in professional services, Kate Barnes started her global business as a Certified Holistic Health Coach. She has a Bachelor of Science and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business. Kate runs an online program, ‘Our Happy Children‘, a leading education program for deeply nourishing families and building strong immunity, great energy and preventing illness. For more information visit Kate’s website, like her Facebook page for loads of daily inspiration, healthy tips and more recipes and follow her on Instagram: @kate_barnes_health_coaching.