Sugar-Free Hot Cross Buns
- 1 1/4 cup milk, warmed
- 16g/0.5 oz dried yeast
- 1/3 cup Natvia, plus 4 tsp for the glaze
- 4 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- Whisk the milk, Natvia and yeast in a bowl until combined and leave to cool. Sift plain flour, cinnamon, all spice and salt into a large bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingertips.
- Stir in the sultanas, cranberries, eggs and yeast mixture. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes. Put the dough in large greased bowl and cover. Leave it in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Punch down and knead the dough until smooth. Shape into 12 balls. Put into 30cm x 20cm greased baking tray and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200Â°C. Combine self-raising flour and 60ml of water. Pipe crosses onto the buns. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180Â°C and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Make glaze by placing 40ml and Natvia into a small saucepan and heating over a low heat until the Natvia has dissolved. Brush glaze over the warm hot cross buns.