By Hannah Schenker
We are all familiar with Palmer’s Cocoa Butter and their other products too – so luscious and creamy and great for dry skin or for those rapidly stretching pregnant bellies! Palmer’s uses the world’s most powerful natural ingredients and is the world-leading expert in formulating these into products that produce amazing results. So, it’s extremely reassuring to know that Palmer’s also actively work to create their products ethically and with sustainably sourced ingredients – something vitally important to many of us these days.
Palmer’s is against animal testing; they do not test on animals and ensure ingredients purchased from third parties do not test on animals. Palmer’s are also proud members the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) & The Global Shea Alliance (GSA). Palmer’s also work hard to ensure their ingredients are ethically and sustainably sourced, that their packaging is sustainable, and their products are free from any nasties.
Their commitment to sustainable farming, fair work practices & helping farming communities learn/grow:
All suppliers of raw ingredients are committed to supporting the development of sustainable farming practices:
- Providing training and education in farming practices.
- Technological support and services.
- Promoting industry sustainability.
- Quality practices.
- Fair work standards.
- Covering the cost of health benefits for employees and the families.
- Supporting farmers through financial investments.
Packaging: Palmer’s commitment to the environment
- All cartons made with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified recycled material.
- The FSC is supported by Greenpeace and the World Wildlife Fund.
- Commitment to ensuring forests linked to their packaging are managed to care for the animals, plants, workers and indigenous communities who rely on them.
See next page for more…