By Jennifer Congdon
Stay-At-Home Mums (SAHMs) love our jobs, don’t get me wrong. I’m sure our husbands are jealous of us, too and the time we spend with our babies, without a doubt. I don’t know a single SAHM who would trade these precious moments, as trying as they can be, for anything else in the world.
Still, here are 10 reasons I’m jealous of my working husband:
- He goes to work and has plenty of adult conversation. I like adult conversation and I miss it dearly. Sometimes it seems I’ve forgotten how to engage in it. Cue: social awkwardness.
- He’s only home to change a handful of nappies. This is by happenstance, of course, but when you lose count of how many nappies you’ve changed and the latest one went so far up the back that a bath and change of clothes was the only solution, it’s hard not to be a little envious of our working husbands.
- He played golf three times since the baby’s been born. Three times in less than two years is seemingly not a lot, but I’ve played zero times, and I like golf, too.
- He showers…every day. I miss showers. I miss baths even more. Hardly time to shower, barely time to rinse, never time to shave.
I miss showers. I miss baths even more. Hardly time to shower, barely time to rinse, never time to shave.
- He spends twenty minutes in the bathroom, with the door closed. What I wouldn’t give to pee with the door closed. I miss using the bathroom with the door closed without a little human banging on the other side as if the world has suddenly stopped for the half a second of privacy I tried to allow myself. I suppose to our little ones, the world has stopped.
See next page for the rest!