Orange and mandarins are in abundance at the moment! Add coconut and you’ve got a smashing combination. So what better way to use up all that citrus than to whip up these delicious bliss balls? Packed with fibre, antioxidants, healthy fats and natural flavours, they’re great for school lunchboxes or as an anytime pick-me-up!
- 2 cups Organic Shredded Coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- 1/3 cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped Organic Dried Apricots
- Zest of 1 mandarin or orange
- 2 Tbsp mandarin/orange juice or lemon juice
- (optional) 1/2 cup Organic Dried Cranberries
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined & sticky
- With wet hands, roll mixture into balls.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut
- Store immediately in fridge
You can freeze this recipe.