By Hannah Gilbert
Mother’s Day is the one day of the year we dedicate entirely to mum. Whether it’s bringing her breakfast in bed or sending flowers, here are five simple ways to celebrate all the wonderful women in our life.
Breakfast in bed
Starting from the moment she wakes up, show mum just how special she is by pampering her with a delicious meal in the comfort of her own bed. Try these buttermilk pancakes (from HelloFresh) with fresh berries & crème fraiche to start the day off with a bang!
Buttermilk Pancakes with Fresh Berries & Creme Fraiche
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 25g icing sugar
- 1/2 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 egg, separated
- 160ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10g butter
- Strawberries, sliced
- Crème fraiche, to serve
- Combine flour, icing sugar and orange rind in a bowl.
- Place egg yolks and buttermilk in a jug and whisk lightly to combine, then pour into flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold through flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat half the vegetable oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of pancake mixture and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining oil, butter and mixture.
To serve: Arrange the pancakes in stacks on serving plates. Top with a dollop of crème fraiche and arrange strawberries on top.