For a pregnant mother with no partner, then family and friends can make the effort to give her the recognition and support she so deserves.
Gifts will not go astray, but you don’t need to make it into a materialistic splurge. Just think about what she might really enjoy at this stage in her pregnancy.
- A foot or shoulder massage for those aches and pains.
- Tell her how beautiful she looks. So radiant! Look at that glow!
- A special home-cooked meal of food she loves that doesn’t set off her heartburn or morning sickness (good luck with that!).
- A day off from the housework.
- Some tender snuggles before bringing her breakfast in bed.
- A bouquet of flowers and a beautiful card, telling her all the ways you appreciate her.
- All of the above!
Show the pregnant woman in your life that see what she is going through – and that you care. Acknowledge her in hew new role as a mother – she will most likely be going through all kinds of changes emotionally throughout her pregnancy too. Being recognised may just be the boost that she needs.
Hannah Schenker is a freelance writer, editor and regular contributor to The Natural Parent Magazine. She lives with a touch of magic in Golden Bay, New Zealand.