Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
- 2 cups/180g/6.3 oz almond meal
- 1/3 cup/30g/1 oz rice flour
- 1/3 cup/30g/1 oz cornflour (make sure it’s gluten free)
- 2 tsp baking powder (make sure it’s gluten free)
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Â Natvia
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 160Â°C and grease a loaf pan.
- Combine the almond meal, rice flour, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, Natvia, walnuts, carrots and egg yolks until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into first mixture, just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and place into oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean