This makes a fantastic breakfast for cold winter mornings! Quinoa is high in protein and the dried fruit and cinnamon add a delicious sweetness. A nutritious and filling start to the day. Gluten free, dairy free.
Serve hot or cold. Also makes a great dessert!
– 1 cup cooked organic Quinoa
– ½ cup ROAR organic Coconut milk
– ½ cup chopped fresh fruit such as apple or banana
– ½ tsp organic Vanilla Extract
– ¼ tsp organic cinnamon powder
1. Put quinoa, milk, fresh fruit (if any), dried apricots, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon into a small saucepan.
2. Cover, stirring occasionally until it comes to a boil.
3. Turn to simmer, keep covered and cook gently for about 3 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and allow to sit for another 3 minutes or more to fully absorb the flavours. Serve!