How to Make a Safe, Non-Toxic Hand Sanitiser in Seconds

By Sofia Potente

Recently I saw an article in the paper showing children being sprayed with disinfectants to ‘protect’ them from coronavirus.  

Which begs the question: Do we need to spray harsh chemicals on our family to keep them well? Not in my books!  

Given that we inhale and absorb what we use on our skin, this can be harmful and have the opposite effect, by inflaming the immune system with toxins. 

Yes, hygiene is important – and let’s keep washing our hands. It’s OVERUSE of sanitisers to ‘kill germs’ that we need to be cautious about.  

As humans, we are made up of ‘germs’- we are 99% bacteria, 1% human. Maintaining a healthy bacteria balance is critical to our immune system – and the irony is we are wiping it out to ‘protect our immune system’.  

Yes, hygiene is important – and let’s keep washing our hands. It’s OVERUSE of sanitisers to ‘kill germs’ that we need to be cautious about.  

Excessive use of harsh cleaning products and hand sanitisers can lead to antimicrobial resistance in bacteria and also expose us to unnecessary toxins. 

So please, use these products sensibly – like anything, they can be overused!  

Here is a simple, natural and non-toxic recipe that works – and is safe for the whole family.   

Ingredients 

  • 5 tablespoons aloe vera gel 
  • 4 tablespoons water 
  • ¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil 
  • 8-10 drops certified tested organic essential oils 
  • 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol  
See next page for more…
Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.